Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer jaunt to Terrain at Styers







We went to Terrain again with Andrew and Chad! We're pretty much going once per season at this point, which I think is a good rate. Fall is still my favorite time there though-- PUMPKINS! I'm so excited for our October trip.

As usual, we had lunch at the Cafe. It was especially delicious this time. They served us bread in a small terra cotta pot, which I thought was such a cute idea. I am going to try to recreate it at home.

After lunch, we wandered around the nursery and the store. Lots of canning books and supplies. I picked up this book, and am anxious to test out some of the recipes, especially some of the fruit leathers. I also FINALLY broke down and bought The New Terrarium. I love having indoor plants, but unfortunately the cats enjoy eating them and kicking the dirt out of the pots, so covered terrariums and ferns on high shelves are the only way to have plants in the house.

Of course it was wonderful to see Chad and Andrew. We have all been friends for a decade now and it is so easy and fun to spend time with them. I miss our college years when we lived down the street from each other and could more easily just get together to go to a concert or grab some ice cream. I hold out hope that one day we'll all live in the same city again.

No comments: