Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pizza, and other thoughts on life


1. While vacuuming this afternoon, I discovered that one of the cats had peed in my sneaker. Said discovery has really dampened my mood for the day. There has been lots of strife and drama amongst the cats lately, for reasons unknown. I won't bore anyone with the details (though there are many. hint: most of them involve urine).

2. I haven't really been taking a lot of pictures with my cameras lately. It needs to stop. I've let myself get into an impending winter funk that involves a lot of sleeping, reading Harry Potter, and watching Dexter on OnDemand. I've determined that these activities are a reaction to the upcoming holidays, and all the small and large decisions that need to be made in the near future. Example of a small decision: what am I going to get ____ for Christmas? Example of a large decision: the need to update wills and insurance.

3. I've been cooking a lot. Example? Here's a picture I took with my iPhone of a pizza I made the other day. It was delicious and included caramelized fennel, roasted cauliflower, garlic scape pesto, and goat cheese. Other delicious delights I've made recently include eggplant parmesan and lots of mushroom cobblers. In fact, I'm making another mushroom cobbler tonight. Jess and Mike are going to come over for dinner.

4. I'm just going to come out and say this, although I'm sure I'll receive a lot of hate mail about it. I think Glee has jumped the shark. It hasn't been holding my attention this season and the song choices have often been lackluster. I'm also seriously offended by their portrayal of both Kurt and Mercedes. Does Kurt have any personality other than his gayness anymore? NO! And why can't Mercedes have a storyline that doesn't involve her weight or eating habits? Blah.

5. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I even bought a special Thanksgiving themed shirt from Threadless for the occasion.

No comments: