Saturday, November 3, 2007

Whole Foods



So, on Friday we went to the new Whole Foods to see what all the fuss was about (we missed the preview tour earlier in the week). I was excited the store was opening in Nashville, but I wasn't expecting it to be any different than the Whole Foods stores of my past. But oh my god, this Whole Foods is so much cooler than any other Whole Foods I've ever seen! It's more like Wegman's, to compare. They have a bazillion food bars, a pizza area, a gelato stand, a huge bakery, an oil tasting bar, a grill with its own menu where you can sit and be served lunch or dinner, and a separate store across the street called Whole Body that is sort of like the Body Shop, only bigger and they also sell organic cotton clothing. It was amazing!

I forgot my camera, but I took a few pictures with my phone. I was particularly impressed with the fact that they have their own cranberry bog in the store. More pictures are on my Flickr page.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they have Yuengling! That may not seem exciting to you, but it is to us, as no other store in Nashville sells it. Others were obviously thrilled as well-- we got the last box they had. We had to fight some frat boys for it.

(Friday November 2, 2007)

3 comments:

Erin Palmer said...

You had me at "gelato bar" and Yuengling. Lucky duck!

Unknown said...

Did you get any of those yummy veggen ginger cookies yet? I just ate one. M-m-m-m

Adina said...

I totally forgot about the cookies! I was so overwhelmed by the store that I ended up forgetting to buy some items on our list. Time to go back!