Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Daffodils



As you can clearly see, these daffodils were on their way out by the time I photographed them. I still think they look neat though. Daffodils are my favorite flowers -- they remind me so much of being a kid and spending time at my grandparents' house. My grandparents have a large piece of land and have lived in their home for over 30 years. Every year they plant hundreds of daffodils in all sorts of interesting varieties. So 30+ years, hundreds of daffodils -- you do the math. Come Spring, their property is like a gorgeous sea of daffodils. Lately I've been seeing daffodils at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, and I've been buying them to put in the apartment. It's nice to have a reminder of Spring while in the midst of Winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love 'em too!

How is Ga, by the way?

Jeff's grandma's nickname is Bah.

PS: "I AM GA!"