Saturday, May 12, 2007

Georgia on my mind




We spent the past few days vacationing in the mountains of Northern Georgia. We rented a cabin and it was glorious. We only left the cabin once to go to the grocery store. Other than that, we just hung out. It was fantastic. The cabin was right on a river and we swam in the river and played on the rocks. We played pool and air hockey, read on the deck, relaxed in the hot tub, and grilled yummy food. The area was gorgeous and next time we go back we will engage in many of the activities that are available. I would love to go canoeing on Lake Blue Ridge and tubing as well. I had a miserable experience the last time I went whitewater rafting, but I'm willing to give it another try because, after all, I was only 8 or so at the time.

On the drive home, we stopped at an Apple Orchard and picked up some preserves and delicious fried pies. I got a peach one and it was out of this world.

I can't wait to go back, hopefully later in the summer.

No comments: