Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby Plants



Behold, one and all, the glory that is my seedlings. These are baby annuals, cosmos and zinnias, that I started. I also started heirloom tomatoes, roma tomatoes, and fragrant sweet peas indoors. They take a bit longer to sprout though.

Here is a Emerson quotation that I always find to be particularly meaningful at this time of year: "All our progress is an unfolding, like a vegetable bud. You have first an instinct, then an opinion, then a knowledge, as the plant has root, bud, and fruit. Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason".

Tomorrow I shall unveil for you all my plans for the vegetable garden. I'm getting quite adventurous this year, so expect to receive many zucchini breads, canned beets, and lord only knows what else; I always plant too much.

No comments: