Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vegetable (and fruit!) garden



Here is a photo of some of the seeds I will be planting in our vegetable garden this year. Zucchini, rainbow chard, mache, baby lettuce, red lettuce, baby carrots, jewel-toned beets, green beans, watermelon, and baby pumpkins. All this in addition to the tomatoes and bell peppers I have already started indoors. This year I am going to go much lighter on the zucchini; last year I only had four plants, but they just produce so much, so this year I'm cutting it down to two plants.

What happened to Spring? Temperatures have been in the mid-80s all week. It sucks because it seriously cuts down the number of hours in the day I'm able to go out and work in the yard.

1 comment:

Andrew J said...

I'm so jealous that you have time (and space) for this. I tried last year and got some tomatoes, zuchini, and cucumbers, but I simply don't have the time this year. Oh well. I really can't wait until I'm finished with my Master's degree, although that is still 2 years off at least.