Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer Icebox Cake



Few things are as relaxing to me as flipping through cooking magazines in the evening on the couch, dog-earring pages of recipes I'd like to try. I subscribe to Cooks Illustrated, Bon Appetit, and Whole Living, but I have also been known to pick up other titles that catch my eye at Whole Foods. I found this icebox cake recipe in a Martha Stewart Living magazine earlier this summer. This Chocolate Banana icebox cake combines my favorite chocolate add-in: bananas! You can find the recipe here.

This recipe was easy to make, but be forewarned, it requires A LOT of chocolate. I chose to top the cake with raspberries instead of whipped cream because I felt the cake was already rich enough with all the chocolate. Plus, I like the combo of bananas and raspberries. I served this cake for dessert one evening when Jess and Mike came over for dinner. I would surely make this recipe again, despite the fact that I don't even care too much for chocolate. Generally I prefer fruit desserts. Also, it was nice during the heat wave to not have to turn on the oven, I must admit.

Photo (taken with my iPhone) of the final product.

No comments: