Friday, August 8, 2008

A rare event...



I'm not a go out and drink kind of person. If I am going to drink, I prefer to do it in the privacy of my own home...if I'm in pajamas and playing Scattergories, well that's even better. But last week S wanted to go out with her friend Adam before he went home to Wisconsin. Adam is this cute, tall and skinny gay dude who was at Hopkins for the summer on a Nursing externship. They wanted to do karaoke to Heart's "Alone". I didn't want to be the 3rd wheel, so I invited my friend Nicole along for the festivities. We went out at 10, first to Grand Central. The scene wasn't very happening over there. Adam was late and we spent a good hour nursing Long Island Iced Teas and playing Erotic Photo Hunt. After Adam showed up, we went over to the Hippo, where they had karaoke and it was more crowded. We drank there, did Jello shots, and Adam and Steph had their karaoke fun. Nicole and I played the groupies. I thought I'd want to go home by midnight, but I actually made it until the bar closed at 2am. There was no food at either of the bars and we were all hungry so afterwards we made a pit stop at Papermoon Diner. I had eggs benedict, my fave. Tasty. All in all, it was a good night. I still don't like drinking and I still don't like bars, but every once in a while it's nice to step outside yourself and do something slightly out of character and different from your typical weekend routine.

Here's a picture of S and Nicole. It was hard to find a picture where no one had their tongues out...people get tonguey when they drink, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the night when we went out to that bar to catch that band and we bumped into your cousin(?) who is a lawyer. We drank many long islands and ended up at a diner at 2am. You and I were obliterated. That was the summer of 2005. Memories!! Erotic Photo Hunt! Love it. I gotta go down to Baltimore to visit you sometime. Just tell me when and I'll save the date.