Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall in our neighborhood







I can feel winter creeping closer and closer. The days are getting shorter and the light is different. I'm starting the get that *meh* winter feeling. I decided I needed to take some photos of the foliage in our neighborhood before the trees were all bare.

I wish we had a maple tree. We had a swamp maple at our old house, but it's a crappy maple, as far as maples go, and it never really did very much in terms of fall foliage. At our house in Nashville, we planted a ton of gorgeous trees-- pin oaks, blue pines, serviceberry...I've really been missing our place in Nashville lately. I think it's because I'm tired of living in a 100 year old house and dealing with the kinds of issues 100 year old houses have. We did plant a witch hazel tree this Fall and I can't wait for it to bloom in the winter.

It's going to be a busy weekend. On Saturday we're going to be hosting a baby shower for Korrina and then on Sunday we're going to Ann's birthday party. The theme of Ann's party is "fruit". I love it.

Countdown to the Sufjan concert: 7 days!

Currently listening to: My Brightest Diamond, "Bring me the Workhorse" (she opened for Sufjan on his last tour, so I've been listening to her a lot lately)

No comments: