Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pile O' Recipes



Last night I got it into my head that I wanted to have a few people over for dinner tonight and make some Paella Salad. To me, it's the perfect dinner for friends and great weather. You can make the salad early in the day and be all set. However, I could not find the recipe anywhere. The recipe originally came from my grandmother, who found it in one of her many cooking magazines (the woman has Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines dating back to the 60s). I called her to see if she had it, but she recently renovated her kitchen and was unable to locate the recipe.

I keep all my recipes from magazines and all handwritten family recipes in a file folder in my desk. This is a horrible method of organization. I can never find anything. There are hundreds of recipes in there and they are in no order whatsoever. For years now I've been saying that I'm going to type them up and put them on my computer.

Well, because I was so pissed off about the Paella Salad (my grandmother did eventually find the recipe and so the crisis was averted), I started the arduous task today of converting over these recipes into some sort of organized format.

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of the Paella Salad from tonight, along with the recipe.

No comments: