Saturday, February 9, 2008

Anatomy of a weekend breakfast



Remnants of my delicious hard-boiled egg. Now that we are TV-less (3 days so far), I eat my breakfast in front of the computer. That way I can read the New York Times and catch up on my e-mail. I tried sitting at the table in silence and just eating, but it was too boring. Inspired by Andrew and Chad, we have given up our cable. We had planned to take the plunge in March, but we decided to start early-- no time like the present. So far it's been difficult-- I don't miss watching the shows, but I do miss the noise in the morning when I'm making and eating breakfast.

8 comments:

Erin Palmer said...

I am so impressed! But with the writers' strike, now is the time to give up TV. I wish we could do it. I think my anxiety level would go through the roof if we didn't have TV.

Erin Palmer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Why did you give up TV? Actually I could too. Mostly we watch videos and DVDs. Good for you.

Adina said...

Erin,
I'm not sure if we're going to make it, but we're giving it a good go.

Kathy,
We are always saying how we don't have "time" to do things like knit or do craft projects, or stuff to the house, and yet we find time to watch TV for at least 30 minutes every day. We're hoping that by eliminating TV, we'll have more time to do things that are productive and don't involve sitting on our butts.

Anonymous said...

I admire the removal of television in your home. I have basic cable, which I feel is all I need. I don't watch it that often, but it's nice to know it's there. By the way, check out my website. I just started it, so it isn't perfect.

Anonymous said...

www.mrheadphones.com

Anonymous said...

ok, look...there's no sending me email telling me to update my blog when you haven't updated yours since Saturday.

I'm sick of looking at the eggs shells...I NEED MORE!

Andrew J said...

Good for you guys, although you're a bit behind us! Haha. Ours was turned off on January 1st, so we'll go the whole year without it. So far it hasn't bothered me one bit. The problem for me is that it hasn't freed up much of my time because I rarely watched it anyway!!