Tuesday, January 9, 2007

postcards



This afternoon on the way home I stopped at the Post Office in our town to get some stamps. I bought and filled out a bunch of moving postcards to send to people so they'd have our new address and stuff. These are the stamps I bought. Aren't they purty?

Anyhoo, the post office here is much different than any in Baltimore. I was waiting in line and a postal worker actually came up to me and asked if I needed help with anything. I told him what I needed and he chatted with me for a moment about the weather and rang me up immediately. Then he wished me well. In any post office I've ever been to in Baltimore, the people are so rude. You wait in line forever and when you finally get to the front of the line, the postal employees are completely put out by the fact that they actually have to, :gasp:, do their job. They never say thank you or tell you to have a nice day. In fact, they mostly grumble under their breath and say very little at all.

I love Southern people, especially all the cute guys here with adorable Southern accents. They are all clean-cut, freshly scrubbed, and formal in their speech.

3 comments:

Andrew J said...

Why don't you send some of those guys up our way! Haha, just kidding (sort of).

knitwick said...

ditto!!! :)

Adina said...

Hehe, when you come to visit I will show them all to you. You would both love them!