Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Decorating



Last night we did a little Xmas decorating. We bought a little potted tree at Home Depot and put our miniature ornaments on it. It was sort of a test to see whether the cats would leave it alone, because I didn't want to go through the trouble of putting up a large tree only to have it destroyed. As I suspected, when I came into the dining room this morning, the cats had chowed down on some of the ornaments and dirt from the pot was scattered all over the floor. So much for that little experiment. I put the tree out on the deck, so at least we can have some outdoor holiday spirit.

Are they being so destructive out of normal kitten (they are both under a year old) curiosity or should I expect this behavior from them forever? I hope they calm down because I will be very sad if we can never have a tree inside again.

(Monday December 3, 2007)

No comments: